Welcome to Stichting Feminenza
Stichting Feminenza is a public benefit foundation registered in the Netherlands. It is part of a global network of chapters in 19 countries. Since its formation in 2001 it has offered a wide range of workshops, retreats, and counseling to the general public. It also contributes to Feminenza international programmes abroad. Feminenza in the Netherlands received Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations in 2011.
- To promote and sustain the long-term inner development of women, their understanding of themselves and their roles in leadership and society, whatever their background, creed or color.
- To promote respect and understanding between the genders.
Our work includes:
- Advancement of education for the public benefit, in particular by research and by providing educational tools and mentoring, in the fields of
- transformative leadership
- the prevention of armed conflict, ethnic and gender oppression
- fear management and forgiveness
- gender respect
- Promoting human rights (as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and subsequent United Nations conventions and declarations) throughout the world by all or any of the following means:
- Relieving need among the victims of human rights abuse
- Promoting respect for human rights by individuals and corporations
- Promoting popular support for human rights
- Relief of mental, physical and emotional distress of persons suffering from sickness or trauma as a result of conflict, bereavement or loss, or for those facing their own death, by the provision of counselling and support.
All works and activities of Stichting Feminenza are executed on a voluntary basis and pro bono. Donations of a core group of volunteers provide a regular source of income by which we can fund our activities, projects and programmes. Since 2010 Stichting Feminenza has had ANBI status, allowing all donations to be tax deductible. The governance of Stichting Feminenza resides with the board: Mrs Lieneke van der Linde (Chair), Mrs Vera de Wit (Secretary) and Mr Matthijs Vogel (Treasurer).
In the policy plan we explain how we are going to realize our vision and aims in 2014-2017. It provides a framework for future development and how best to use our resources.
Read more: Policy Plan 2014-2017
Annual activity report and financial accountability
In the reports you can read about our activities, both in the Netherlands and abroad. We find it important to use our donations responsibly. Read our Financial Reports for more.